When ordering a glitter wedding dress online, you don’t have to try on dozens of dresses to see which one looks the best. Maybe you’re wondering ‘which glitter wedding dress suits my figure’? To help you with this, we have prepared a number of tips for you that you can follow to find out which wedding dress suits your figure best. The schedule below is a good guideline to determine which wedding dress might be the one for you:
Are your hips, waist and shoulders the same width? Then you have a straight figure and it is best to go for an A-line wedding dress that accentuates the waist. With a beautiful belt you put extra emphasis on your narrow waist. It may sound crazy, but a straight wedding dress also looks great with a straight figure. This model makes you look extra tall. A bridal dress or top with a V-neck ensures that there is less emphasis on your shoulder, making your hips look wider and your waist narrower.
Do you have wide hips with a slim waist and are your shoulders narrower than your hips? Then you have a pear figure! With this shape it is nice if you focus on your upper body to make your figure more ‘equal’. By choosing a glitter wedding dress or top with a lace top, a V-neck or a wedding dress with beautiful sleeves, your upper body will stand out even more. A strapless glitter wedding dress also suits your figure well because it emphasizes your beautiful shoulders. How much you want to show off your hips is up to you. Accentuate them with a beautiful A-line or empire wedding dress or hide them by wearing a princess wedding dress.
If you have broad shoulders with a slim waist and narrow hips, then you are a real diamond. It is best to choose a wedding dress or a skirt that flares at the waist, such as a princess or empire wedding dress. If the top of your dress or the top you choose is nice and tight, it will look like your upper body is a bit longer. In combination with the wide princess skirt you create the effect of an hourglass figure. A good tip is to wear a petticoat, which ensures that you create more volume in your skirt, so that it flares out nicely. Don’t know how to choose the right petticoat? Don’t worry, we explain exactly how to choose the right petticoat for your wedding dress.
You have an apple figure if you have a round figure with shapely breasts and hips but a less narrow waist. By wearing a wedding dress that slims your waist, you ensure that your body gets a beautifully defined shape. Think of a princess wedding dress, empire wedding dress or A-line wedding dress. These have a tight bodice that hugs the bust and defines your waist. The loose or wide skirt ensures that your hips are aligned with the rest of your body.
Do you have full breasts, full hips and a small waist? Then you have an hourglass figure and you can count yourself lucky because with your figure you can wear almost any wedding dress. Think especially of wedding dresses that emphasize your curves, such as a mermaid glitter wedding dress. Would you rather not show off your curves? Then go for a princess wedding dress or an A-line wedding dress. With these dresses you decide how wide you let your dress run out so that you not only feel beautiful, but also comfortable on your big day.
Something important that you should not forget is your bridal lingerie! Maybe you want to hide a tummy or emphasize your beautiful V-neck. We are happy to help you in your search to choose the right bridal lingerie.
How do I measure my size?
Now that you know which glitter wedding dress best suits your figure and you may have already chosen a wedding dress, it is time to select the size. It is wise to measure yourself before ordering your dress so that you are sure that your wedding dress is not too big, but especially not too small. When in doubt, it is better to choose a size larger, you can always have it taken.
To measure, use a flexible measuring tape and pull it straight across your body. Make sure the ribbon hugs your body but doesn’t pinch it. To ensure that you are measured in the right places, it is better to have yourself measured by someone else. That person is able to keep the measuring tape straight. It is also important to stand up straight and wear your bridal shoes.
How should I try on my wedding dress?
It is wise to try on your wedding dress with your bridal lingerie, petticoat and bridal shoes so that you can see the complete result. We advise you to stand on an elevation when trying on the dress. If the dress is too long, you can have it taken in by a dressmaker/seamstress.
How do I have my wedding dress altered?
After you have received your wedding dress, it is possible that, despite the fact that you have chosen the right size, the dress does not fit perfectly. For example, it is just a little too wide, too tight or too long. It is important that your wedding dress is adjusted to your body, you need a dressmaker for this. You may now think that this is not necessary because you or someone close to you can sew well; why would you incur extra costs for a dressmaker?
But altering a wedding dress is indeed a profession in its own right. It’s meticulous work and because this might be the most important dress of your life, you don’t want anything to go wrong. It is therefore essential that your wedding dress is professionally altered. But how exactly does this work? We explain step by step how the entertainment process works and what you should pay attention to.
Follow these tips to ensure that your appointment at the dressmaker goes smoothly:
- Make your appointment as early as possible, preferably as soon as you have ordered your wedding dress.
- Go to your appointment prepared. For example, make a list of what you would like to have entertained.
- Bring your bridal lingerie, petticoat, bridal shoes and possibly veil to the appointment. The dressmaker can then determine the true length and shape of your wedding dress and assess where adjustments should be made. Entertaining possibilities with a wedding dress
When it comes to entertaining your wedding dress, there will be much more possible than what you might think. At most sewing shops it is possible to make the following adjustments:
- Shorten your wedding dress: If your dress is too long, the dressmaker knows how to shorten it perfectly to your liking.
- Taking in wedding dress: If your dress is too baggy, it will usually be taken in along the placket seam and the side seams of the dress. This cannot be seen afterwards and the wedding dress fits you like a glove.
- Lengthen wedding dress: Is your dress too tight? The seamstress can make it more spacious by making an insert in it. If there is a wide hem in the side seam, it may also be possible to extend it. Please note that it is more complicated to make a dress bigger than to make it smaller. If in doubt, take a size larger when ordering your wedding dress.
- Attach or remove sleeves: Would you like to cover your arms with short or long sleeves? Or do you have a wedding dress with sleeves and do you want to shorten it or remove it completely? Both options are possible. You could also choose to have spaghetti straps attached.
- Make a wedding dress strapless: Change your wedding dress to a strapless or off-shoulder look or have the décolleté cut a little deeper.
- Shorten sleep: If you find your sleep too long, you can have it shortened to your desired length.
- Adjust neckline: Raise your neckline if you want to cover your cleavage more. Do you want to show him off? Then have the neckline cut a little deeper.
- Add or remove extra details: Think for example of pearls, diamonds, buttons or other kinds of details. The seamstress can often attach these in the places you want, or remove them if it’s not quite your thing.
What does a glitter wedding dress cost?
It is difficult to say how much a wedding dress will cost. The prices differ per dressmaker and the price also depends on your wishes. Keep in mind that the more adjustments that need to be made, the more time it will take and the more expensive it will be to entertain. T If you have a low budget you can buy a wedding dress online. The costs can also depend on the complexity of your wishes, the fragility of the fabrics and the extra material that may have to be used. It is important to make good agreements with your seamstress about this in advance so that you are not faced with any surprises afterwards.