Are you thinking to renovate your kitchen model? If yes, then probably the greatest thing to consider in your redesign is to pick a countertop. It is the most detectable piece of the kitchen as it occupies most of the kitchen room and is always in steady use. Due to the continuous deal of weight the countertop takes, it is required to get it changed from time to time. There are a lot of things that should be taken into consideration before choosing the kitchen countertop. Here, we have come up with the most interesting points that should be looked for in the ideal kitchen countertop. Have a look:
1) Cleaning factor
Before picking the countertop for your kitchen room, always consider the simplicity of cleaning. Nobody wants a surface that stains easily as it eventually makes the overall look of the kitchen dull and lusterless. All the different material available in the countertop has different cleaning ease.
- Granite is the most popular surface material preferred by the homeowners due to its excellence and shiny look, however, the material has a disadvantage that it requires frequent fixing to avoid stains.
- Quartz surfacing, on the other hand, is likewise moderately simple to clean if compared with marble countertop. Marble surfacing is more prone to get stained even after fixing.
- Stainless steel countertops are majorly preferred for the business kitchens as they resist stains and are completely safe to use for commercial purpose.
2) Trendy design
There are numerous patterns that kitchen countertop manufacturers create every year. It is up to you to pick a material that fits your kitchen look and makes it elegant. In case you are planning to design your kitchen with a modern outlook, then choosing a sleeker and shiny stone would be a good idea. It will save your money as further you don’t need to spend more on the expensive cabinets and woodwork. Presently, quartz is ruling the countertop market due to its stunning features and credibility. However, you can go with other materials or a mix of two or more.
This is one of the most essential factors to consider before going investing in the kitchen countertop. One must look for the sturdiness of the material of countertop.
- Granite countertops are undoubtedly capable of facing sharp blades and hot containers however the lamination still is not resistant.
- On the other hand, tiles can likewise stand against heat and sharp elements but if they chip, you need to replace it at the moment.
- Soapstone countertop is another alternative which is gaining popularity among homeowners but it is prone to scratches and is hard to fix.
Therefore, each material has its advantages and disadvantages. At the time of renovation, it is critical to think about the toughness of your countertop material. Granite and quartz are especially solid while laminate is the lightest material. Today, the paper composite countertop is gaining attraction as it is both strong and lighters than ordinary other stones. Additionally, it is water and heat resistant thus can be an ideal option for a kitchen countertop.
A kitchen ought to be clean and hygienic as it is the place where meals are prepared. It should be free from a micro-organism that infects the food. As people are getting more health-conscious these days, they are more inclined towards choosing the countertops that are microbial free. They prefer to use solid surface irrespective of the cost factor as health always comes first.
5) Cost involved
Another most important factor to consider while picking kitchen countertop is its price. One must choose the material that satisfies the need and is worth the price. Some surfaces are expensive but are worth buying due to the strength, durability and hear resistance highlights. It can cost you a bit higher but could save your money in the long run. However, if you choose to pick cheaper material, it can cost you expensive in the future if requires frequent maintenance. The most famous kitchen countertop material is granite and quartz but there is a lot of variety that you can find in the market and meets your personal choice.
So, these were some of the important factors that should be considered while picking up the kitchen countertops.