Every new house has some strengths and flaws in it. Hence, if you are looking to decorate your house you must approach a professional interior designer since they know how to play up with the strength of the house and hide its flaws so that it looks appealing to everyone. But you may not find an experienced professional designer in every city. That is the reason why some people find it difficult to decorate their house perfectly. Hence, in this article, we have come up with some demanding tips for contemporary interior design that you can apply while decorating your house.
Top ideas to design your house
If you want to achieve perfectly balanced looks for your contemporary style home you must concentrate on simplicity. The following are some tips that you can apply for freshening up your room without making a hole in your pocket:
- Painting the wall with light and neutral color: You can paint the wall of your room with light and neutral color which will certainly set the tone at your house. If you paint the wall with neutral color it will give your wall great decorating flexibility. But in case you two small rooms side by side then it is better to paint the wall with the same neutral color so that it gives them feel larger. However, it is very important to concentrate on the paint strip and you should move the shade up and down for getting a subtle variation from room to room.
- Layer your room with lighting: All your room should have three kinds of lighting – ambient, task, and accent. Ambient light provides overall illumination that mainly comes from the ceiling fixtures. You should provide tasks at your kitchen island and in your reading room whereas you can give accent lighting in the room that needs to be more decorative. You can also purchase Disco Ball Ceiling Fan Light Kit for the drawing-room that can provide an outstanding look to your room. You will get a variety of disco ball ceiling fans in the market and you can choose that color which will provide contrasting looks against the wall of your room.
- Properly arranging the furniture: The next biggest thing that you need to do is to arrange your furniture properly. You should place your furniture in such a way that one piece of furniture can talk to another one. For example, if you have a sofa, two chairs, and a coffee table then you should place the furniture in U shaped design with a sofa and two chairs in such a way that the chairs face each other at each end of the coffee table. You can also keep the furniture in an H shaped design in such a way that the sofa remains directly across the two chairs and keep the coffee table in the middle. The biggest mistake that people usually do is to push all their furniture against the walls. Many people use to push the furniture against the walls thinking that their room will look bigger in such a case. But in reality, if you float your furniture away from the wall it will rather make your room bigger.
- Scale Artwork on the wall of your room: You can also hang some beautiful artwork on the wall of your room. But while putting the picture on the wall you should always remember that it should be hanged at the eye level. If your wall is large then you must use an oversize artwork. However, if you use two smaller pieces of artwork you should not put too much space and usually, it should be between 2 -4 inches in between the two artworks.
- Hang at least one mirror in every room: If you put a mirror in your room then your room will feel brighter since the mirror can bounce the light around your room. But the placement for the mirror should be right otherwise it will look bad. Hence you should always put the mirrors on the walls of your room perpendicular to your window but not directly across from the windows. However, you can hang the mirror directly opposite a window.