If your driveway looks a little worse for wear, you may wonder if you should patch it, resurface it, or replace it altogether. It can be tough to decide which option is best for your home and budget. In this blog post, we will explore the pros and cons of each option so that you can make the best decision for your needs.
Whether dealing with concrete or asphalt, driveways eventually succumb to the elements. Here’s how to determine whether patching, resurfacing, or replacing is the best solution for your home.
- Patching is the least expensive option of the three and can extend the life of your driveway for several years. If you have tiny cracks or holes in your driveway, patching may be all that’s needed to repair the damage. However, patches are only a temporary solution, and eventually, the entire driveway will need to be resurfaced or replaced.
- Resurfacing is a good option if your driveway is in overall good condition but has begun to show signs of wear and tear. Resurfacing involves adding a new layer of asphalt or concrete over the existing surface. This will give your driveway a fresh, new look while protecting it from further damage. However, resurfacing is not always possible, depending on the condition of your existing driveway.
- To Remove your existing driveway and install a new driveway could be the most expensive option but may be necessary if it’s in poor condition. If you have large cracks, holes, or significant structural damage, replacing your driveway may be the only way to repair it. You’ll also need to remove your existing driveway before installing a new one.
- Installing a new driveway is a big job, but it’s also a great way to update the look of your home and increase its value. If you’re considering selling your house shortly, installing a new asphalt driveway is a great way to boost its curb appeal.
- Updating an existing driveway is a less expensive option that can still significantly impact the look of your home. If you have an asphalt driveway, you can add a layer of gravel over the top to give it an updated look. Adding stencils or stamps is a quick and easy way to provide some personality for concrete driveways. You can also add border edging to give your driveway a more polished look.
Updating your driveway is a great way to improve the look of your home and increase its value. If you’re planning on selling your house shortly, installing a new driveway is a great way to boost its curb appeal.
Whether you choose, patching, resurfacing, or replacing your driveway is a big job. It’s essential to do your research and consult with a professional before making any decisions. With a little bit of planning and the help of a qualified contractor, you can have the perfect driveway for your home in no time.