Outsourcing household chores can seem like a luxury that only the rich can afford. However, it all depends on how you prioritize your time and your energy, and what value you put on your time. If you spend more than 8 hours per day at work, and you have to come home and waste two more hours on household chores, you are not left with much time to enjoy your life, or to spend quality time with your family. Moreover, if you could actually make more money in the time that you waste on chores, wouldn’t it be wiser to outsource most of your chores? In the following lines, we will discuss what type of chores you can outsource, what you can gain from delegating your domestic work, and how you can make this process comfortable for you and your family.
1. What type of chores can you outsource?
All of them! Nowadays, you can hire people to do absolutely anything for you.
- Personal chores – A personal assistant is all you need to handle small, yet time consuming tasks such as personal shopping or paying the bills.
- Laundry – Doing your laundry at home can take several hours per week, and it is a very daunting task. Going to a dry-cleaning is not that great either, as you still waste time taking your laundry there and getting it back. However, nowadays there are services that pick up your laundry directly from your home, and deliver it clean in just a couple of days. If you happen to live in Dubai, we recommend the Washmen Laundry Dubai Marina They are very professional and they have a clever app that you can use to place an order at any time.
- Cleaning – Housecleaning services have been around for ages, and they can save you countless hours of hard work. Just make sure to pick a reputable company that has been on the market for a few years, because it can be a little risky to have some strangers in your home.
- Gardening – A quick online search will surely show you the most convenient gardening services in your area, and all you have to do is pick the ones that best suit your needs.
- Grocery shopping – Say goodbye to countless hours wasted in the supermarket, and start shopping your groceries online. These services are very common nowadays, and most of them deliver your goods in 24 hours.
What can you gain from outsourcing your domestic chores?
The most valuable thing that you can gain from outsourcing your chores is time. The value that you put on your time is a deciding factor in whether or not you should outsource your chores. Perhaps you could spend that time working on your own business, or doing some overtime in order to make more money. If you end up making more money by outsourcing your tasks, it would be unproductive not to do it. Moreover, it is not all about money. The value that you put on your time can also be measured in peace of mind, improved family relationships or less stress.
How to make the transition
Most of the household chores can be transitioned with ease. For example, the previously mentioned laundry service will not invade your home in any way, as the driver simply comes to pick up and later deliver your laundry. The same goes for grocery shopping. Things are a little tricky when it comes to personal assistants and house cleaning services. In these matters, we advise you to do a lot of research before hiring anyone, as these people will spend a lot of time in your home, around you and your family. Interview several people, and make sure both you and the rest of your family are comfortable with the people that you plan on hiring. If necessary, feel free to impose some rules from the start and establish some boundaries, to avoid unpleasant moments in the future.