Although you can buy sunglasses in almost any merchant website, many of these sunglasses aren’t what they seem. Most of the sunglasses sold online are fakes or replicas of real or authentic ones. It takes good judgment and understanding of sunglasses, as well as trustworthy sites to find authentic sunglasses to buy. Outlined below are a few tips and tricks on how to get genuine sunglasses online
- Scrutinize the logo and label: Authentic sunglass manufacturers place their logos and labels on the lens, the earpiece, or even the arms of the glasses. The logo or label also uses distinctive/consistent font, color, and size. Should there be a slight variation in these, then chances are, the sunglasses are fakes. Look out for misspelled labels by counterchecking with the manufacturer’s website.
- Check model numbers: Authentic manufacturers also include model numbers on their sunglasses. Each model number comes with particular features unique to that number alone. Be sure to verify the model number with the manufacturer website before making an order. Nobody wants to spend a lot of money on Chanel sunglasses and see them turn out to be fake.
- Look for a reputable/authorized seller: Always buy items (sunglasses) from reputable and authorized retailers, otherwise, you might be conned in the process. Look out for suppliers/vendors offering unreasonably huge discounts, low prices, and not providing a service guarantee. The merchant should also allow returns (if dissatisfied), or have a contact address that you can reach them on.
- Reviews and testimonials: Other customers’ reviews and testimonials on products they already purchased from the seller should help you make up your mind. The seller should be able to provide warranty on sunglasses bought. You however need to look out for terms such as “replica”,” inspired by”,” high quality”, and ”cosmetic”, as these terms are commonly used on counterfeits. While the sunglasses may look and feel like authentic ones, they will lack certain features such as UV protection, durability, and comfort.
- Follow your instincts: While there’s no simple method of determining authentic sunglasses, it is always advisable to use your best judgment and common sense. One of the best ways to do this is by researching extensively on the company or brand, as well as knowing how much these sunglasses cost. You also need to understand/know what features come with the sunglasses/brand. It will be much harder for a con to convince you, but only loaded with such info.