Your body is so important and performs so many functions in your day-to-day life that it is vital it is treated well and looked after. These self-care tips are not just about aesthetics and how you can improve the way your body looks, these tips are about how you can look after your body, appreciate it, and put it in the best position to keep you moving forward day after day.
When you think about moisturizing your body your go to is most likely a cream-based moisturizer. While there is certainly nothing wrong with that have you thought about switching up your daily moisturizing routine to an oil-based lotion? Oil can have many of the same benefits as a cream but some additional extras you might not have considered. Oils can;
- Hydrate and moistize dry and dehydrated skin.
- Be kind to sensitive skin.
- Improve and soften the texture of skin.
- Help improve the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
- When used preventatively during pregenancy can help reduce the change of scaring or stretch marks
- Depending on the oil, the scents and ingredient it can help you sleep, de-stress and even act as a pain relief.
Oils are typically a more ‘natural’ product than a cream based moisturizer as they use more natural ingredients. They also have many derivatives and come in many forms from rosehip to emu oil, as produced by Kalaya. Once you have found a good body and or face oil you like try to use it at leaste twice a day.
Hydrating your body is one of the best, not to mention most affordable, body self care tips around. The benefits to drinking an abundance of water a day are plentiful and here are some of the best reasons to invest in a new water bottle and stay hydrated.
- Elasticity and wrinkles and aging. Lacking in elasticity in your skin is a tell tell sign that you are dehydrated. You can check this by gently pinching your skin and seeing is it bounces back, if it doesn’t you need to drink more water. The better hydrated you are the plumper your cells will be and more elasticity you will have in your skin, in turn the less wrinkles you are likely to develop. Improved elasticity in your skin will also help to improve the tightness of your skin and reduce the visible signs of aging.
- Flush toxins. Drinking plenty of water will help your body to flush out any harmful toxins that could have a negative effect on your health and skin. You don’t need a fancy juice diet to detox – plenty of water will do it for you.
- Reduce spots. Spots, pimples and acne can be a result of many things but commonly you will develop spots when your pores become clogged. By drinking plenty of water you will be helping your body to prevent your pores from being blocked and ultimately the less pimples and spots you are likely to develop.