You’ve been trying to get better about this whole eco-friendly thing, but you aren’t completely sure as to what you should be doing in order to help your workplace become more environmentally friendly as time goes on. How can you be sure that you’re doing something that works? Are there ways to get ahead and stay ahead of eco-friendly needs? Here are 6 tips that you can try out for your office.
1. Focus on Recycling Programs So That You Waste Less Paper. Offices waste a lot of paper and, if you don’t keep an eye on it, it can be problematic as time goes on. So, take some time to look into office-wide recycling programs that can help you to waste less paper. Have recycling bins available and be sure to remind people to use them instead of the trash.
2. Look at Apps and Screen Savers That Can Help You To Save Energy. Many offices waste a lot of cash on electricity, and the fact is, there are a lot of software companies that are looking to help offices with these issues. Look at apps, screen savers, and other sorts of software and technology that can help your computer to save energy, even if you aren’t on it at the time.
3. Find Ways to Save Money on Energy. Whether you’re using the air conditioner or the heat, there are a few ways that you can keep up with your energy costs on them. Take the time to change air filters on a regular basis, close doors and windows so that it takes less energy, and consider looking into energy efficient systems. Taking the time to save money on energy can go a long way toward making your office greener.
4. Switch Your Office Lights to LEDs. LED’s offer better lighting than many other types of lights that are out there. Not only that, but they can also save you a lot of money and they use much less energy. Take a look around your office and be sure to update your lighting to LED’s and other sorts of energy efficient lighting solutions so that you can be more eco-friendly with your energy use.
5. Offer Reminders in the Form of Bookmarks and other Seed Paper Products. Purchasing products like seed paper bookmarks that have reminders about keeping your office green can be a great way to remind people as to what they need to do. Seed paper is eco-friendly as well, so not only are you providing a reminder to your co-workers/employees, but you’re doing it in a way that isn’t wasteful.
6. Start Carpooling and Walking! Carpooling, walking, and biking are efficient and affordable ways for people to get to work. Obviously, this works better in cities, but carpooling is still an option that you can consider easily. Take a look and see what you can do to encourage carpooling, walking, and biking to work instead of everyone driving separately.