Calling all jet setters: It’s time to craft your chic fall travel outfits for your next autumn getaway. As you take in the cool breeze of fall and prepare your luggage with warm hues, pretty scarves and your road trip read, your travel wardrobe is about to get a serious style upgrade. Whether you want to embrace the charm of European streets this fall or venture into a cozy cabin somewhere in the mountains, we’ve curated a list of perfect autumn travel outfits for you. It’s time to put on those comfy yet fashionable travel shoes for women to get you from the airport runway to running down the cobblestone streets of your next destination. Let’s look at 10 different travel outfits any fashionista will love for a fall vacay.
- Urban Explorer Elegance — If you’re headed on an urban adventure where you’re strolling through city streets, blend in with the crowd by wearing a tailored blazer over a dark turtleneck sweater. Pair it with high-waisted trousers and sleek ankle booties. Complete your look with a crossbody bag and a printed statement scarf to add instant flair that’ll get you ready for your big city night out.
- Castle Tour Chic — Tour historic castles while wearing a belted trench coat over a figure-flattering fit-and-flare dress. Whether you’re touring Scottish castles abroad or Gothic Revival castles in the United States, your polished ensemble will go great with heeled ankle boots and patterned tights as you explore these grand estates.
- Lakeside Serenity — Head to the lake this fall and enjoy that tranquil lakeside view while wearing a plaid skirt and chunky cable-knit sweater. Accessorize with a cozy beanie for that practical yet charming look. If you plan on just sitting by the lake and reading a book or taking in the view, you can finish off your look by kicking back, relaxing and slipping into a pair of comfortable sandals. Sandals are easy to slip into and out of whenever you want to take a dip in the lake!
- European Getaway Glam — Get ready for a getaway glam look by wearing a chic wrap dress with a wool coat. It’s perfect for strolling those historic European cobblestone streets. For a bit of Parisian flair, add on knee-high leather boots and a beret to stay cozy.
- Winery Wanderlust — If the wineries are calling your name, wear a tucked-in sweater with a corduroy button-up skirt. Layer with a tailored vest for warmth and pair it with tights and knee-high boots. Time for you to sip that crisp glass of wine in the brisk fall air.
- Cozy Cabin — Book yourself a cabin getaway this fall and style your rustic cabin look. Put on a chunky knit sweater layered over a plaid flannel shirt. To dress up your cozy cabin look, pair dark denim jeans with comfortable wedge sandals. It’s a rugged yet stylish pairing that will leave you ready to roast some marshmallows by the campfire.
- Countryside Romance — Feel like you’re in a paperback romance novel by wearing a flowing midi dress in an autumn floral print like golden sunflowers or vibrant mums. Layer up with an open cardigan and slip-on loafers for a practical and dreamy look that gives that main character energy.
- Coastal Charmer — If you’re headed up the coast to northern states like Massachusetts, Oregon or Maine, you’ll want to pack layers, warm clothes and rain gear. Travel experts advise that you should always check the weather before you visit any coastal destination in the fall. To style your coastal charmer look, wear high-waisted pants with a tucked-in blue and white striped top. Add on slip-on shoes and a wide-brimmed hat to complete your nautical look.
- Mountain Hiker — For a hiking look that’s as cute as it is practical, begin with a long-sleeved and lightweight tee as your base. Add on moisture-wicking leggings and a cozy fleece jacket. Opt for earthy tones like mustard and olive to blend in with the fall season. You can accessorize with a wide-brimmed hat for style and sun protection. If you want to carry essentials like snacks and water during your hike, a small crossbody fanny pack or backpack will offer hands-free convenience. Functionality and fashion come together to ensure you’re ready to enjoy the hiking trails during your fall vacation.
- Retro Train Adventure — Whether you’ve booked an old-school train ride journey or just want to dress up a bit on your train adventure, you can embrace the timeless and classy charm of vintage train travel. Wear an A-line midi-length skirt with a turtleneck sweater that exudes warmth and elegance. Layer up with a tailored peacoat and leather gloves for that extra touch of sophistication. Accessorize with a silk scarf and complete the look with low-heeled Mary Jane shoes.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this guide that concludes your journey on effortlessly chic fall travel outfits. From the gal seeking a countryside escape to the woman seeking her next city adventures, no trip is complete without a great ensemble. These practical yet trendy outfits will support you as you explore hidden alleys and savor local delicacies. Keep wandering and keep all eyes on you with that impeccable sense of vacay style!